• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Special Thanks to Suze Wills and Trusts

#1 User is offline   jhamilton 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

This is just a special thank you to Suze for creating her simple to use and understand "Must Have Documents." I just went and had my revocable trust notarized and instantly I felt a sense of relief. Thank you Suze for helping not just me, but my parents as well, to get our life's set up in a way to help make our departure of this life easier for our loved ones. Now just to finish up and send out all of those letters!

Thanks again,
J Hamilton

#2 User is offline   Julie Vazquez 

• Community Manager
  • Group: Root Administrators

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

If any of you would like to check out Suze's Must Have Documents, you can find them here.
Posted Image
Money Minded Moms Community Manager

Follow Money Minded Moms on Twitter: @MoneyMindedMoms

Like us on Facebook too!

Follow me on Twitter (personal account): @JustJulie

After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot. Carrie Bradshaw

#3 User is offline   La_Mob 

• Pip

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

View Postjhamilton, on 31 May 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

This is just a special thank you to Suze for creating her simple to use and understand "Must Have Documents." I just went and had my revocable trust notarized and instantly I felt a sense of relief. Thank you Suze for helping not just me, but my parents as well, to get our life's set up in a way to help make our departure of this life easier for our loved ones. Now just to finish up and send out all of those letters!

Thanks again,
J Hamilton

I totally agree, the "Must Have Documents" are exactly that, "must haves". I appreciate the easy to use format that saves me from paying legal fees. I do however have some questions. When creating the revocable trust, is it necessary to name a successor trustee? If so how? Is it assumed that the executor of the will is the successor trustee? My last question is in regards to setting up a trust for my son with some of my assets. Is it necessary to do so or can I just be very very specific in the current trust?

#4 User is offline   late 20's 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

View PostLa_Mob, on 11 June 2011 - 06:47 AM, said:

I totally agree, the "Must Have Documents" are exactly that, "must haves". I appreciate the easy to use format that saves me from paying legal fees. I do however have some questions. When creating the revocable trust, is it necessary to name a successor trustee? If so how? Is it assumed that the executor of the will is the successor trustee? My last question is in regards to setting up a trust for my son with some of my assets. Is it necessary to do so or can I just be very very specific in the current trust?

Yes! You must also have a successor trustee also!!! It can be the same person, if you wish. Remember the Will is more of how you want your wishes/money to be divided and taken care, how you want it distribute, etc.! The will and trust are two separate documents.

Does your son have any special needs? If he does, then you will need to do a separate trust- a special need trust. If he does not have any special needs trust, then you can set up some assets on your current trust. Make sure to be very specific in your current trust.

Hope this help!!!

#5 User is offline   La_Mob 

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

View Postlate 20, on 12 June 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

Yes! You must also have a successor trustee also!!! It can be the same person, if you wish. Remember the Will is more of how you want your wishes/money to be divided and taken care, how you want it distribute, etc.! The will and trust are two separate documents.

Does your son have any special needs? If he does, then you will need to do a separate trust- a special need trust. If he does not have any special needs trust, then you can set up some assets on your current trust. Make sure to be very specific in your current trust.

Hope this help!!!

Thank you this does help. Maybe I have to look again, but the software didn't ask me to name a successor trustee. Where can I name that person? My doesn"t have any special needs at this time. He's 10 months old now. I only asked about the seperate trust for him because I want him to make wise choices (when the time is right) about his inheritance rather than just blowing through money.

#6 User is offline   late 20's 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

View PostLa_Mob, on 14 June 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

Thank you this does help. Maybe I have to look again, but the software didn't ask me to name a successor trustee. Where can I name that person? My doesn"t have any special needs at this time. He's 10 months old now. I only asked about the seperate trust for him because I want him to make wise choices (when the time is right) about his inheritance rather than just blowing through money.

I know what you mean. I think you can name yourself as the successor trustee, but do designate a separate person in the even you and/your husband are that there for your son.

Remember that the trust can be change any time. Just do whats right and practical for your 10 month son now. Once he grows you can change on how you want his money to be pass down. You have to be very specific. Good luck!!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users