• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Groceries per month

#1 User is offline   wearing lots o' hats 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

So..........

I love The Suzster, but did anyone else think she was out of touch on Saturday's show with what groceries cost today?

#2 User is offline   EStimpert 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

View Postwearing lots o, on 10 October 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

So..........

I love The Suzster, but did anyone else think she was out of touch on Saturday's show with what groceries cost today?

I didnt see it, we got rid of cable, what did she say?

#3 User is offline   late 20's 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

It was her last segment. She mention that we need to be healthy to great wealth!! She mention that we can save money buy not eating fast food and to cook homemade meals. She stated that groceries will go up some in prices --groceries prices have increase and is much cheaper now to eat fast food instead of doing some grocery shopping. However, if you eat out on fast food and spend $20 a day for a family of 4, it all adds up and you can end up spending more money on eating fast food. She mention that she wanted for us to take a challenge and stop eating at least one meal of fast food a day and see how much money we have spend.

I think that nowadays its cheaper to eat fast food instead of going groceries shopping. At least for me friend. My friend has stated that she can eat three meals at McDonald's for $6.00 a day--breakfast, lunch and dinner. She gets items from the $1.00 menu. It cost her extra if she adds drinks, coffee or small drink. Now if you multiply $6 a day for 7 you get to eat all three meals for $42.00. So you save time by not cooking.

It all depends on where you shop. You have to remember that if you buy all organic items you are spending more money. If you buy non-organic items is less money. It also depends on the meat you get. For organic meats is more then non-organic.

Food is an item that will go up little by little. It is an item that is needed for survival!!!

#4 User is offline   Scoobie 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

I actually have started to buy more organic and eat less fast food... Due to health problems.
If you add health concerns into the mix- fast food is much more expensive. But if you are going to save money on home cooking... Your meals and cooking techniques may need a
Makeover. The other night I made "curried lentils" - one bag of lentils, a stick of cinamon, a few peppercorns and a tablespoon of curry. Two organic boiled eggs for a little extra protein. Simple, cheap and many servings. If you garden you can cut your groceries way back... And I you ask a neighbor if they will trade some of your time weeding for a little of their produce... Even better.
Driving the price of Organic food down is a dream of mine...

But if you really want to save money on home cooking I am warning you it might take some time for your taste buds and body to adjust. But it will. Buy dried beans and whole grains in bulk when you can... Learning to cook things like quinoa is quite the adventure... And although it may take a little more time at first.. I think it's worth it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users